Ormond woman who disturbed neighbors with loud profanity is arrested

This week in Cops Corner...

  • Ormond Beach Observer
  • Cops Corner
  • Share

March 20

Disturbing the peace

8:15 p.m. — First block of Putnam Avenue, Ormond Beach

Breach of peace. A 54-year-old Ormond Beach woman was arrested for screaming profanities in a local neighborhood. 

When officers arrived at the residence, the woman was yelling "at a loud volume" at another woman, who was leaving with a bicycle, according to a police report. Two neighbors told police that only the woman screaming profanities was disturbing the peace. 

Neighbors also said they witnessed her driving erratically in the neighborhood and that she "was acting in a very disturbing manner" that evening. The woman, who is a caregiver of an elderly resident at the home, is soon to be evicted due to causing past issues at the home, according to the police report. Police also found mail and some items belonging to the elderly resident scattered on the roadside of the intersection of Putnam Avenue and North Beach Street.

Police arrested the woman, who declined to provide a statement. The other woman involved was trespassed from the home.

After-hours access

9:57 p.m. — 600 block of South Yonge Street, Ormond Beach

Burglary of a unoccupied structure. Police arrested a 26-year-old Ormond Beach woman who was found living inside a storage unit.

Police responded to a local storage facility after a couple saw a woman and a man enter the property by cutting some of the chain link fencing, according to a police report. The couple told officers that they saw the man leave afterward, but not the woman. When a search of the area outside the facility didn't result in their discovery, police began searching for damaged locks or open storage units inside.

The woman was found inside a storage unit without a lock. The woman said she had been evicted from her storage unit the day before. Though officers found a blow-up mattress, the woman denied living in the unit. She said she had come in to clear out the unit. When asked about the fence, the woman eventually admitted to coming in through the fence since it was after-hours, stating the fence was already cut but held together with metal clips, which she removed to enter the property.

The woman was arrested and taken to jail.


Latest News


Your free article limit has been reached this month.
Subscribe now for unlimited digital access to our award-winning local news.