Man arrested after yelling threats at Ormond Beach chain restaurant

This week in Cops Corner...

  • Ormond Beach Observer
  • Cops Corner
  • Share

Feb. 11

That's shady

3:22 p.m. — First block of Putnam Avenue, Ormond Beach

Resisting an officer without violence. Police arrested a 54-year-old man from Texas who claimed he could not see an officer trying to stop him from riding away on his bicycle due to the sun's glare.

The reporting officer noted in the man's arrest report that the road they were both on was "heavily shaded."

Police had responded to a local home after receiving calls about a disturbance. When the reporting officer arrived, he saw the man and a woman speaking loudly with someone inside the home, both unaware of his presence. Then, the man began to ride away on his bike, and the officer loudly called out to him, according to the report. The reporting officer said the man looked back at him and continued to ride away and stated he didn't know anything.

The officer returned to his patrol vehicle and began to search for the man, spotting him riding west on Greenwood Avenue. After securing the man, the officer discovered he had a felony warrant for his arrest out of Texas.

He was arrested and taken to jail. 

Feb. 14

Interrupting dinner

9:47 p.m. — 100 block of Williamson Boulevard, Ormond Beach

Breach of peace. A 47-year-old Fort Lauderdale man was arrested after he shouted that he would shoot and beat up two elderly men in a local chain restaurant, causing other patrons to leave the establishment.

Police responded to the restaurant and spoke to witnesses who said that they had been eating dinner when a man at the bar became "loud and vulgar," according to the man's arrest report. One of the witnesses said the man became so loud that a waitress had to step in and tell him that he was at a family-friendly restaurant with children present. The man ignored the waitress and became heated at two elderly men, also at the bar, who left due to the scene that was caused.

The man initially refused to identify himself when police spoke with him, but eventually gave them his name, though would not present an ID or inform officers how to spell his name. He was arrested and taken to jail.


Latest News


Your free article limit has been reached this month.
Subscribe now for unlimited digital access to our award-winning local news.