66-year-old man arrested after admitting to drugging and then having sex with juveniles

The juveniles had been reported missing.

  • By
  • | 11:43 a.m. June 23, 2020
George Proulx was arrested June 22. Courtesy photo
George Proulx was arrested June 22. Courtesy photo
  • Palm Coast Observer
  • News
  • Share

A 66-year-old Palm Coast man, George Proulx, was arrested June 22 on charges that he drugged and then had sex with juveniles who had been reported missing.

The case began Nov. 18, 2019, when members of the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to the Legacy Vacation Resort at 98 Palm Coast Resort Blvd. regarding four juveniles who had been reported missing from outside of Flagler County. The juveniles told deputies that they had been taken to a residence at 113 Brittany Lane in Palm Coast by Proulx for several days. While the juveniles were at the residence, Proulx engaged in sexual activity with the juveniles.

According to the juveniles, Proulx allegedly put an unknown substance into the juveniles’ drinks and then performed sexual acts on them.

FCSO Sex Offender Detective Crosbee was assigned the case and began to gather evidence. After identifying the suspect, Detective Crosbee was able to build a case which included, among other things, toxicology results and a confession from the suspect.

Proulx admitted to having intercourse with two of the juveniles and admitted knowing that they had been reported missing at the time he provided them with cigarettes, alcohol and narcotics.

Detective Crosbee was working with the State Attorney’s Office on charging him when he received information that Proulx was planning to leave the country to move to Thailand. On Monday, June 22, the Judge Distler signed an arrest warrant for Proulx for the charges of Lewd & Lascivious Battery, Lewd & Lascivious Molestation, Unlawful Sexual Activity with a Minor, and Interference with Child Custody. Judge Distler also ordered that Proulx surrender his passport upon his arrest.

On June 22, members of the FCSO Major Case Unit and the Community Policing Division were able to take Proulx into custody at his home at 5:15 p.m. Proulx had packed up his residence and told detectives that he was ready to leave the area.

“We are thankful the juveniles came forward and told us what happened to them,” Sheriff Rick Staly said. “Detective Crosbee and our Major Case Unit did a great job obtaining the necessary evidence to build the case and get this offender behind bars before he could flee the country. Thailand is known to be an epicenter of human trafficking, so it’s no surprise that’s where he wanted to go. We pray the victims get the psychological help they need since this pervert took their childhood away from them.”

Proulx is being held with no bond allowed at the Sheriff Perry Hall Inmate Detention Facility. Additional charges are expected to follow in the near future.


Latest News


Your free article limit has been reached this month.
Subscribe now for unlimited digital access to our award-winning local news.